Saturday 1 September 2012

Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson




 

Bella Rossi may be nearing thirty, but her life is just starting to get interesting. When her Italian-turned-Texan parents hand over the family wedding planning business, Bella is determined not to let them down. She quickly books a "Boot Scoot'n" wedding that would make any Texan proud. There's only one catch--she's a country music numbskull because her family only listens to Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Where will she find a DJ on such short notice who knows his Alan Jackson from his Keith Urban?When a misunderstanding leads her to the DJ (and man) of her dreams, things start falling into place. But with a family like hers, nothing is guaranteed. Can the perfect Texan wedding survive a pizza-making uncle with mob ties, an aunt who is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and a massive delivery of 80 cowboy boots? And will Bella ever get to plan her own wedding?
 

Fools Rush In happens to be one of those books that I wish I could have lived in. The characters were fun, entertaining and brought many a smile to my face as I read. I wish I could have been adopted by the Rossi family. Not only is their every meal time amazing, but their outlook on life, love, happiness and food had me hooked from the very beginning. I appreciated the picture that Ms Thompson painted with the characters and their lives and have to say that there were some amazing little quirks that made this book very special.

Bella is a sweet heroine who has some lovely mannerisms. She really does come across as a friend we would all like to have. DJ our hero is a gorgeous cowboy with a heart of gold which shines through his every action. Our couple have some great characters in their families and their circle of friends, who pull the storyline along in a very engaging way. Even the animals in this story stand out as humorous.

  Fools Rush In is a sweet and funny romance with strong elements of Christianity in it. Church is very important to the people within the book and this really pulls the story together. Without this element I think the book would have missed some amazing scenes. I enjoyed this story because it pulled me into a whole new world of food, God and comedy; they made amazing companions in a book that had me entertained from beginning to end.  
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment